Newly Accepted Students for the 2013-2014 YearCongratulations on your acceptance to LTAC! Please turn in all of your forms by April 12, 2013. There are 3 forms to return to Lane:
- The yellow Enrollment form
- The CPS Bus form (this form is optional and isn't necessary if you won't be taking the CPS bus)
- The Placement Exam form (this form was handed out at the Meet & Greet on 4/3/13.) You can click here for a copy of the form.
Shadow DaysUnfortunately, Lane does not offer shadow days given the amount of requests we receive. We simply do not have the capacity to accommodate all students.
Admissions ProcessThe Office of Academic Enhancement manages the application and selection process for all Selective Enrollment Schools within Chicago Public Schools. Lane Tech does not accept applications and is not involved in the selection process for incoming students.
2013-2014 School Year
The application process for the 2013-2014 school year is closed. All admissions questions and concerns should be directed to the Office of Access and Enrollment at 773-553-2060.
Students who have completed an application through the Office of Access and Enrollment and have completed or will be completing the selective enrollment elementary school entrance examination were informed of school acceptance the week of March 225 2013.
2014-2015 School Year
Applications for the 2014-2015 school year will be available early October 2013 and will be due mid-December 2013. Please check back in October to access the application online at http://www.cpsoae.org/.
Academic Center and Admissions Details
- Lane Tech maintains class sizes of 120 students for 7th and 120 students for 8th grade. While Lane cannot guarantee an opening in the 8th grade, interested students should complete the application process described above in the event that a student opening is available.
- Students are selected to attend an Academic Center program based upon three criteria:
- Previous year's grades (for example: 5th grade grades, if applying to 7th grade)
- Previous year's ISAT scores (minimum Stanine of 7 in both reading and math)
- Elementary School Selective Enrollment Exam score
Click here for information on the selective enrollment process
Further details and information can be found at the Office of Access and Enrollment Website (http://www.cpsoae.org).