You must have a current IHSA physical in order to tryout or participate in any athletic capacity. Here are the things that you must have on your physical.
- A “YES” on whether or not you are able to participate.
- A clear examination date.
- Your physical is active for 13 months. For example, if your physical date is 8/15/2017, it will allow you to participate until 9/15/2018.
- A doctor’s, physician’s assistant, or nurse practitioner’s signature or stamp.
- If you do not have a current physical on file with the athletic office, turn one in on the day of your tryout
Without all of these clearly stated on your physical, the athletic department will be unable to clear you for tryouts or athletic participation. Below is the link to a blank IHSA physical. A standard physical may be used, but the same criteria must be met. The athletic department suggests an IHSA physical for athletic participation.