In order to streamline our attendance practices and ensure the ensure the safety of all students, effective immediately, please follow the attendance procedures listed below:
- All absent notes must be turned in the day a student returns to school to the Attendance Office( Room 118A). Students or parents should inform teachers why they are absent from class, BUT the student should still submit the absence note by the end of the school day ( teacher signatures are not required.)
- The online link to report absences will NOT excuse a student’s absence. However, it will send triggers to the teachers regarding the student(s) absence(s).
- Students must submit a signed absence note upon return to school and the reason for the absence must fit into one of the permissible excused absence categories or it will remain as an unexcused absence.
- If applicable, please attach any official documentation (medical, funeral, religious, life event, etc.) to the absence note.
* Note: If a parent submits an electronic online absence request, the student absence is NOT excused. Please submit a signed absence note immediately to the Attendance Office to be considered for excusal.
- All absent notes for late arrivals to school need to be signed by the teacher(s) for the missed periods.
- A parent signature is also required on the note submitted to the school.
- If applicable, please attach any official documentation (medical, funeral, religious, etc.) to the note.
- Parent(s)or an approved contact must pick up student at Door M and sign the Early Dismissal Sign-In Sheet
- All early dismissal forms must be signed by the teacher(s) and parent for the missed periods
- Submit early dismissal documentation upon returning to school
- If applicable, please attach any official documentation (medical, funeral, religious, etc.) to your early dismissal note
Absence note can be found here
All absent, late arrivals and early dismissal notes can be turned in to the Attendance Office (Room 118A) to be excused.
OLD Parent and Student Portal- Discontinued after December 21, 2018. NEW and IMPROVED ASPEN Parent and Student Portals open January 7, 2019
- The district cannot convert current parent portal accounts over to the new Aspen system automatically
- Lane Tech and CPS will email parents with instructions on how to securely set up their new Aspen Parent Portal Account by January 2019 : Aspen Portal Announcement