**Blackboard communication is down. See today’s general student news below.
- We will continue to distribute and sell yearbooks. Here’s the schedule for the next two weeks:
Yearbooks will still be distributed and available for purchase the week of 6/3-6/6/19, 6/10, 6/13-6/14, and 6/17-6/20 before school (7:15-7:45), during 5th period ONLY and after school (3:20-3:50). *Any last minute changes will be posted on the classroom door.
- Environmental Club is collecting old and unwanted school supplies between this Tuesday and Friday! If you have any notebooks, binders, folders, or papers that you no longer want, please place them in the red bins located by some of the stairwells on the first floor. Please avoid putting any food, trash, or soiled items into the bins. Thanks!
- Improv: In this one week half day session students will learn the basics of improv through short form games a la “Whose Line…” while at the same time learning how to use improv as its own theatre form of storytelling not just as an acting tool.
- The end of the school year is here!! Which means students in the cluster program will be taking down all locker decorations next week. Please remove any pictures or notes you would like to keep by Tuesday 6/11. Thank you!
- Please click here for information on a gap year program for interested students.
- Click here for the final exam schedule for the week of 6/17.
- The Lane administration is looking to form a student race relations committee to work in conjunction with our staff committee. If you are interested in helping collaborate on how Lane can build a more inclusive culture for all race and ethnic groups, then this is the committee for you! Please fill out this form to sign up!
- There will be a meeting for all new I-Days club presidents next Wednesday, June 12 during advisory in room 113. Please show this email to your advisory teacher so they may mark you present.
- This is Andi Aguilar from Alderman Matt Martin’s 47th Ward Office. We are happy to announce that we are seeking passionate, motivated youth grades 8-12 to join a Youth Council in the 47th Ward. Can you please forward the attached flyer to your students?
- We have extra favors for sale! These favors will be sold outside of the auditorium on Monday, June 10 and Wednesday, June 12. The favors include a drawstring bag, a Lane water bottle, silicone card holder with metal ring phone stand (for cell phone), and key chain for just $10. Please bring exact change for your purchase (10 dollars)! See attached photograph for details.
- The library will close at 4:30 PM on Wednesday, June 5th and Wednesday, June 12th. We apologize for the inconvenience.
- Please help and answer these questions about the LGBT community in Chicago. It takes around 10 minutes and please share if you can. (https://docs.google.com/
forms/d/e/ 1FAIpQLScf90tBUrNzOoVrGCJ1t0xM eIQVp09jHYcjk7B6LfqL-4YZbw/ viewform) Email Ulani Luu (email@example.com) if you have any questions.
- Any girl interested in playing girls golf next year should attend the informational meeting on Thursday June 13th. The meeting will be held at 3:45 pm in the Driver Ed. classroom building. If you have any questions or are unable to make the meeting, please email Mr. Hofman at firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Want to join Cross Country?!?! This is a great sport for you if you want to increase your strength and endurance, improve your running ability, and meet new friends. There are NO CUTS. Stop by a brief informational meeting on Friday June 14th in room 114 3:25pm to discuss our summer running plans and the upcoming season. Email Coach Roof at email@example.com if you have any questions.
Boys 16” Softball:
- “Boys Varsity 16” Softball Informational Meeting – Thursday, June 13 @ 3:25PM (Room 308).
All current grade levels (Freshman thru Junior)are encouraged to attend. Come out and learn more about the program. “
- For any students who want’s to swim or play water polo over the summer here is an opportunity to do so. No experience needed.
- For anyone interested in trying out for Boys or Girls Volleyball next year, we will be holding camp Mon., June 24th – Fri., June 28th, 2019 from 2-4 pm in Gym 1. Sign up online on the volleyball website: www.lanetechvb.com.
- For up-to-date information on Lane’s athletic teams, click here.
College and Career:
- Come and try out for Polish Club! Be part of our Polish family and dance during the 50th anniversary of Lane Tech International Nights! Tryouts are on June 4th and June 12th in room 144 @ 3:30. Bring friends and wear comfortable clothing, and we hope to see you there! Any questions email David at firstname.lastname@example.org or Alex at email@example.com.
- Students (especially graduating 8th graders and seniors), please come by the Security Office Lost and Found, located by the cafeteria, for any items you may have lost or is missing. Items include clothing, shoes, books, book bags, keys, eyeglasses, etc. This will be the last chance for this school year and any items remaining by Wednesday, June 19th will be tossed or donated. Thank you.
- Do you want to work for a marketing agency that’s passionate about going above and beyond for its clients? Are you a creative go-getter who thinks out of the box and wants to be part of a team that does the same? If you answered “yes” to all of the above, check out the positions below. Beyond AUM is seeking applicants for the following positions. Please send resumes and/or why you’d like to work with Beyond AUM to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Summer Intern – Part-time
Beyond AUM is looking for a high school (Junior or Senior – 2019/2020) or college student who is interested in marketing, willing to learn, and ready to grow. This intern will have the opportunity to gain hands on experience in data analysis, content optimization and A/B Testing. You will also have the chance to learn about our sales process and how it aligns with our marketing function to help them gain a full understanding of our business.
The ideal candidate is a results-driven, resourceful, web & tech savvy self-starter requiring little direction, who is comfortable working independently as well as collaboratively in a small, fast-paced environment. A typical day consists of various supportive activities from administrative tasks to coordinating internal projects and client communications; plus prepping, executing and analyzing marketing campaigns. The Marketing Intern hustles to meet deadlines and exceeds expectations.
- Here is the information for your families to sign up for senior portraits. We have also attached a parent letter and senior brochure with additional information.
Search for your school at the top of the screen
Click the “Senior Photography” tile
follow instructions to register you senior
- See the attached flyer for details about upcoming volunteer opportunities with Common Pantry.
- Please see below the extensions for counselors, deans, social worker and school psychologist.
Ms. Andros: Room 212 ext. 45428
Mr. Ara (Building Facilities, Lunchroom, Security, Tech, World language, Computer Science, PE/ROTC): Ext. 45885
Mr. Bell (Medical, Omega, Math, History): Ext. 45651
Ms. Hanly (Communication, LTAC, Student Activities, Culture and Climate, Deans, Music, Art, Drama): Ext. 45404
Ms. Hart (Personnel, Diverse Learners, Counseling, Family Income, Admissions, College and Career): Ext. 45661
Ms. Hildebrandt (Programming, Testing, Service Learning, Alpha, Science): Ext. 45546
Ms. Thompson (Attendance, Tutoring, SAT, Omega, Records, Literacy, English): Ext. 45674
Does a classmate or friend have an alarming change in behavior or is talking about suicide?
- During school hours, notify the main office, a counselor, or administrator immediately
- After school hours (after on school days, weekends, holidays), call the CPS Student Safety Hotline: 4pm 773-553-3335
- You can notify for all CPS students, not just Lane Tech students
- Please don’t email Lane staff when school is closed. Call the hotline for immediate response.