Here are some details about the math placement and language placement exams.
Math Placement Exam
When: Saturday June 6
Time: 10AM – 11AM
How will this happen?
– A google hangout session will be emailed to everyone who registers to take the exam.
– You must “log in” to the google hangout by 9:45AM on Saturday June 6
– All cameras MUST be on
– You can use pencil and paper but NO calculators or phones
– Any “work” needed to be shown and done on paper you will need to take photos of and uploaded at the end of the exam (there will be clear instructions).
– The test will be online and made available to those who register at 10:00AM on Saturday June 6 and be closed at 11:00AM
You do NOT HAVE to take this test. If you wish to opt-out, you will be placed in Pre-Algebra. The majority of our incoming 7th graders take Pre-Algebra, regardless of prior math classes taken.
If you do wish to take the exam, please complete this registration:
CLICK HERE to register for the Math Placement Exam.
Language Placement Exam Details
Language placement exams are scheduled for next Friday, May 29th at 10am. Students should take a language placement exam if they selected a language as their first choice elective and speak the language they will be taking as a seventh grader OR if they took the selected language at their elementary school. The language exam will allow students to test out of the level one language and into a higher level language class. An additional email will be sent to all students who are taking a language class next week. Click here to sign up for a language placement exam. You can review full details here: https://www.lanetech.org/freshmen/course-placement/world-language/
Please email me with any questions – CUlmer@cps.edu