If you are having trouble signing up or accessing ASPEN please visit lanetech.org/aspen and fill out the appropriate form. We will process your request ASAP.
CPS Account Set-Up
(For new CPS students only)
If you have not set up your child’s CPS Account please go to cps.edu/portal and follow the prompts to set up their account. You will need to enter your child’s student ID number as their claim code. If you need additional support please contact email@example.com
CPS Account Log In Issues
If you are having issues logging in please fill out this form
Please visit cps.edu/portal and click on “Forgot Password”
If you forgot the answers to your challenge questions please fill out this form
How to Log Into Your CPS Account
Password Reset Guide
Devices are available for all students who need one. Students who need a device for remote learning may request one by filling out this form.
More than 100,000 students are eligible for free internet with Chicago Connected. For more information and to check eligibility please click here.
Families who are not eligible for Chicago Connected can explore low-cost internet options by clicking here.
Most issues with joining your teachers’ Google Meets come from third-party extensions or being logged into multiple Gmail accounts at once. If you are having issues connecting to your teachers Google Meet please try the steps below
Issues with extensions can be resolved by pasting chrome://settings/resetProfileSettings into your Chrome browser and resetting your profile. This will remove all third party extensions.
Additionally, please make sure to follow these steps to ensure you are accessing Google Meets correctly
- Fix your Chrome profile and only have CPS synced. No personal accounts anywhere in that profile. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=olc-pdKhZx8&list=PLWF58BGycsclAI4ehJPlTPKUDk_3i7_jN&index=4&t=1s
- Sign in to the rapid ID portal,and click on the Classroom icon, OR sign in at classroom.google.com
- Click the Meet link in Classroom the student needs to join.
- If the teacher has started the session you will be in. If not, they haven’t started the session, yet.
- Also make sure you are actually in Chrome! Meet struggles with other browsers here.
If you have tried these steps and are still unable to log in you may contact the Technology Office at firstname.lastname@example.org Please make sure to try the instructions above before contacting us.
Please contact the Tech Office at email@example.com for all general inquiries related to remote learning.