The transfer application is now available online. Please read all information carefully prior to submitting the application. Acceptance as a transfer student is contingent upon available space, a transfer applicant’s academic history, and successful completion of the current school year. Due to the volume of transfer requests, combined with the few openings available, Lane Tech is very limited in the number of students it can accept. The deadline for submitting the transfer application is Friday, May 21st, 2021.
General requirements to transfer to Lane Tech College Prep:
- 3.0 unweighted GPA and demonstrated success in a rigorous curriculum
- Very good attendance
- No suspensions or major disciplinary infractions
- In good standing at your current school
Please submit the application only one time when all of the required documentation is ready to be uploaded. Prior to starting the form, applicants should complete the following steps:
- Obtain a copy of their official or unofficial transcript, an attendance report, and their most recent standardized test scores. Each of these items will need to be uploaded to the application. Report cards will not be accepted.
- Prepare a 300-500 word response to the following prompt. This response will be uploaded to the application. Writing Prompt: Climate change, inequality (income, discrimination), large scale conflict, and food insecurity have been identified as some of the biggest challenges facing the world right now. What do you see as one of the world’s biggest problems, and what would you do to solve it if you had unlimited resources?
- Have the name and email address for a School Administrator or Counselor who will complete a Conduct Report for the applicant.
Once the application has been submitted, Lane Tech will email the school administrator or counselor provided to request a completed Conduct Report. Applicants will receive an email stating that the application is complete and in review once the completed Conduct Report is received. Applicants will be notified if they were accepted or declined admission via email no later than June 11th, 2021. Application updates will not be provided prior to this.
Check that your responses are correct and complete before submitting this form. Do not submit this form more than once.
If you have any questions please email Ms. Tara Johnson at email@example.com.
Click Here to complete the transfer application.Please note following information before completing the application:
We do not accept transfer students into the 7th, 8th or 9th grades. These students must apply using the Selective Enrollment application available at go.cps.edu. The application period for Selective Enrollment has closed for the 2021-22 school year. Students currently in 9th, 10th, or 11th grades are eligible to complete the transfer application.
You do not need to be a resident of Chicago at the time of your application. However, at the time of enrollment, you MUST provide two (2) proofs of residency showing that you are living in the city of Chicago.
If you are applying for transfer from another country, you must first have your transcript evaluated by the Chicago Public Schools’ Office of Foreign Student Services. We will need an evaluated transcript before completing the review of your application. Reference: https://www.cps.edu/services-and-supports/foreign-student-services/
Contact: Beata Arceo Foreign & Exchange Student Manager (773) 553-1936 firstname.lastname@example.org