Absences reported using the online system before 9:30 am do not require any additional action. Reporting absences via the online system automatically generates an absence note that then gets printed and filed into the student’s record. Please note that all absences will be considered for excusal upon receiving an absence note signed by the parent or legal guardian. If a note is not received or if the absence is not excusable, the absence(s) will remain unexcused. Notes written on anything other than the official absence note will not be accepted.
Students must submit a signed absence note upon return to school and the reason for the absence must fit into one of the permissible excused absence categories or it will remain as an unexcused absence unless reported via the online form before 9:30 am. If applicable, please attach any official documentation (medical, funeral, religious, life event, etc.) to the absence note.
All absent notes must be turned in the day a student returns to school to the Attendance Office (Room 118A).
Students or parents should inform teachers of any absences from class and the student is still expected to submit the absence note by the end of the school day (teacher signatures are not required.) However, absences reported via the online link will generate a teacher notification and no further action is required. All absences are reported on official transcripts ( excused and unexcused)
Please click here for the official absence note
* Note: Absence notes submitted after 5 days will be NOT be excused. Please submit a signed absence note immediately to the Attendance Office to be considered for excusal.
All absent notes for late arrivals to school should be shown to each teacher and submitted to the Attendance Office before the end of the day.
A parent signature is also required on the note submitted to the school.
If applicable, please attach any official documentation (medical, funeral, religious, etc.) to the note.
Please submit the note to the Attendance Office even if you forget to get the teacher’s signature.
Students will receive an early dismissal form that parents or legal guardians MUST sign and leave at Door M.
When an early dismissal is completed, teachers will receive an email notification letting them know the student will be absent from their class.
Early dismissal documentation must be submitted to the attendance office upon returning to school
If applicable, please attach any official documentation (medical, funeral, religious, etc.) to
your early dismissal note
Please use the following link to fill out the early dismissal: https://bit.ly/30p36CC
**Students requesting an early dismissal will not be allowed to leave on their own, even if they are 18 years of age. A parent or legal guardian must pick them up.
*Note: All absence, late arrival, and early dismissal notes can be turned in to the Attendance Office (Room 118A) to be considered for excusal ( Submit the note even if you do not have your teacher’s’ signature).
Reinstatement After Absence
- If a student does not return to school with proper documentation about their absence, the absence will be counted as “unexcused”.
- A student who has missed 3+ days is required to see the attendance office for a reinstatement. The note/documentation will serve as the student’s admission to all classes. The student should ask each of his or her teachers to sign the reinstatement note and the student must return the reinstatement note to the Attendance Office in Room 118A by the end of the day even if they are missing teacher signatures. The template can be found under Rlies and Regliations under the attendance menu.
Please note that parents are required to come in to reinstate their student unless other arrangements are made with the attendance office.
- Any student who has documentation for an excused absence (Doctor’s note, hospital statement, etc.) must submit the documentation to the Attendance Office as outlined by the individual teachers’ classroom grading policies.
- A student who is absent because of a contagious disease or another major medical reason MUST present a medical statement from a dliy licensed physician upon his or her return. A copy of the medical statement is given to the nurse in Room 116. Statements must state that the student is able to return to school.
- If a student will be absent three or more days, for anything other than illness, the parent should contact the counselor and teachers to obtain class work and notify the Attendance Office of the number of days the student will be out. That student must return to the Attendance Office with a parent along with a doctor note and a parent note for the absences.
- Parents who are unable to reinstate their student(s) should contact the attendance office and make other arrangements.
- All absent notes must be turned in the day a student returns to school to the Attendance Office (Room 118A). Students or parents should inform teachers why they are absent from class, BUT the student is required to submit an absence note by the end of the school day (teacher signatures are not required.)
- The online link to report absences will NOT excuse a student’s absence. However, it will send triggers to the teachers regarding the student(s) absence(s) if completed by 9:30 a.m.
- Students must submit a signed absence note upon returning to school and the reason for the absence must fit into one of the permissible excused absence categories identified by CPS or it will remain as an unexcused absence.
- If applicable, please attach any official documentation (medical, funeral, religious, life event, etc.) to the absence note.